[web] a simple HTML server browser compination..

Started by
5 comments, last by Sander 17 years, 8 months ago
Hei! i have learn how to use graphics with java applets (great!!).. next i would love to learn how take a simple chess like boardgame with HTML or JApplet ( like www.voitta.net & others ).. i need to know how to use HTML or JAVA APPLET to send data package containing 'player password' n 'player name' n 'turn options' to my home IP from my webpage.. Thanks JariTapio..
Advertisement
This might not be possible. Many browsers restrict the re-sending of data by Java or &#106avascript to the domain from where the page was downloaded.

What server is your homepage hosted on? What servers do you have available on your home IP? Is your home IP fixed?
answering..

There is a www.voitta.net page, check and find out..

i was thinking similar with better graphics..

-- This might not be possible. Many browsers restrict the...blah blah..

surely you agree that there is many pages where is password and username questions! well! like this page.. why not send and receive games coordinates locations and options by this same way!!

my basic question was how to a compile this password and game coordinate transfer with HTML and home IP winsock..
1° Again, What server is your homepage hosted on? What servers do you have available on your home IP? Is your home IP fixed?

2° Sending back the password to the server is easy, and most servers do just that without any difficulty. Sending back the password to another server is forbidden by most browsers and Java VMs. That is, if the game is downloaded from your web site, the password must be sent to the web site, not to your home IP. Hence my questions above.
Without knowing more about your problem, here are the four suggestions I can make:

1° Run an HTTP server on your home machine, from which the Java Applet can be downloaded. The applet may then connect back to your home machine using normal sockets.

2° Run an HTTP server on your home machine, and have your hosted site contain a
<form action="the_home_ip/register" method="post" with the required fields. The home machine will receive an HTTP request for /register with the password and login as HTTP POST arguments, which you can then parse. Note that you need to generate an answer to the HTTP request.

3° Have the web server (where your site is hosted) solve the problem on its own, or connect to your home server with the information it receives from the user, wait for the reply, and send the information back.

4° Choose to only support browsers in which &#106avascript can connect to any web page, and use &#106avascript to create a connection to your home IP, exchange information, and perform whatever required.
--

2° Run an HTTP server on your home machine, and have your hosted site contain a
<form action="the_home_ip/register" method="post" with the required fields. The home machine will receive an HTTP request for /register with the password and login as HTTP POST arguments, which you can then parse. Note that you need to generate an answer to the HTTP request.

--

well that second option is my plan..

i was thinking winxp winsockets 2.2 at my home IP/domain

that <form action> was new to me, thanks, do you have any good sources for html would love to receive few..

pictures, fields, buttons, ports addrs to use??

Another option: Use a simple form to send the data from the browser to your webhost, then use PHP Curl or the equivalent in anotehr server side language to relay the data to your home IP.

To re-ask the same important question we need to have the answer to: Is your website hosted on your home IP?

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement