Video Tutorials

Started by
4 comments, last by stenny 17 years, 8 months ago
Hello i like games and i like videos i like learning but dont like reading now. does anyone know where i can find video tutorials or videos of people creating video games. i've searched all over google and i only found a 2006 FIFA WC video making of the game on the FIFA website. does anyone know where/how i can find more videos. THANKS
Advertisement
halflife2
Bring more Pain
Hello chigga102,

You got yourself a problem there. I don't think there are any videos that explicitly learn you how to create games. It's harder than you might think (remember, proffesional games normally take a team of multiple profs more than 1-3 years) and I doubt there are videos that describe how it's all done. I think you should start reading, how dull it may be.

Also remember that creating a game has several necessary jobs. Designers, programmers, artists. New people often mistake designers for programmers.

Oh, and try to rephrase your posts a little better. You'll get more replies that way...

Hope that helped

-Stenny
What do I expect? A young man's quest to defeat an evil sorceror while discovering the truth of his origins. A plucky youngster attended by her brutish guardian. A powerful artifact which has been broken into a small number of artifactlets distributed around the world.What do I want? Fewer damn cliches. - Sneftel
there are interviews and books on the process

i bought a book about doom 3 development
Bring more Pain
Quote:You got yourself a problem there. I don't think there are any videos that explicitly learn you how to create games. It's harder than you might think (remember, proffesional games normally take a team of multiple profs more than 1-3 years) and I doubt there are videos that describe how it's all done. I think you should start reading, how dull it may be.

Also remember that creating a game has several necessary jobs. Designers, programmers, artists. New people often mistake designers for programmers.

Oh, and try to rephrase your posts a little better. You'll get more replies that way...

Hope that helped

-Stenny

I dont want to learn i just want to see what they do what they go through to make the game.
like the video on the The FIFA Website (sry cant link to video)
in the marketing > 2006 Fifa wc site watch the video.
You want making-of videos? I reckon the developers often have videos about developing their games on the official sites, like The Elder Scrolls:

Linky

-Stenny
What do I expect? A young man's quest to defeat an evil sorceror while discovering the truth of his origins. A plucky youngster attended by her brutish guardian. A powerful artifact which has been broken into a small number of artifactlets distributed around the world.What do I want? Fewer damn cliches. - Sneftel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement