D3DXCheckVersion

Started by
3 comments, last by sirob 17 years, 8 months ago
what does it do? msdn say:it detect lib version is dll version. but if lib version is not dll version. lib will not find the the corresponding dll. what hell does D3DXCheckVersion do?
Advertisement
background : I download Nvidia SDK and it provide some sample in it. I compile a Glow sample,all is ok. but run it, it pop a error:Incorrect version of Direct3D and/or D3DX. how to fix it?
Do you have 2 versions of DirectX or DirectX SDK installed on your system?
Can you be more specific about what error message your are getting.
Check this thread out. It may help you.
++ My::Game ++
Information on D3DX DLL's in the Forum FAQ

Quote:Original post by derek7
background : I download Nvidia SDK and it provide some sample in it. I compile a Glow sample,all is ok. but run it, it pop a error:Incorrect version of Direct3D and/or D3DX. how to fix it?
The SDK homepage seems to suggest you require the June'05 SDK in order to use it properly. This will most probably be due to it requiring the corresponding D3DX DLL (#26).

I thought the later SDK's installed all previous D3DX DLL's, but you might just have to go find the DX web installer and pick up all of the D3DX libraries.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers
I thought the later SDK's installed all previous D3DX DLL's, but you might just have to go find the DX web installer and pick up all of the D3DX libraries.

They do should install all retail DLLs, but it seems my version (April 06) doesn't have all debug DLLs. I only have d_24 and d_30 (my version). I'd assume all SDKs are like that.

Hope this helps :).
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement