Your current projects

Started by
42 comments, last by Oluseyi 17 years, 7 months ago
Three projects of mine is: Tile Quest Engine - A game engine for tile scrolling platform games. Tile Quest - The same as above but in java. DrumSim - A drumpattern simulator. I know that you only should have one project you work on at one time, but I can't resist, because I have no programming trouble anymore, it's over and it goes much better now, I know how I shall do, so I don't get stuck anymore but I have a hell of a lot work todo.
Advertisement
Hobby - None. Hoping XNA/360 homebrew will reinvigorate my home projects a bit.

Work - APB - MMOG.
I actually like having 2 projects ongoing at the same time. When I get bored of one, I just switch to the other. Though my two right now are pretty different.

1. The project for the cpp workshop (stickied at top). Text based dungeons & dragons type game.

2. 2d action game which is a cross between space invaders and missile defense.

Like I said, when I've worked on one for a while and start to feel bored/frustrated/overwhelmed, I just switch to the other. I'm getting more done now than I ever have before.
Hollow Halls: A game that takes place in an old 18th century house full of spooks. The player has to find the source of these spooks through clues they drop and put an end to them.

This is going to be a 4 elements project. So I'll be pressing the deadline on it.
STL.Net. A port of the standard C++ containers library into C#. I really want a new name for it, but that's the best I've got for the time being. I'm leaning towards "Super Awesome Library 5000," but don't want to be too hasty.

CM
Curently, just one:
Project Avarice - probably best described as a Diablo kind of game. I like to think of it as using the best parts of WoW, NWN, and Diablo (ie, gathering loot) along with a nicer set of controls (I hope). Not enough to post an IOTD or the screenshots thread since I'm the only programmer and artist [headshake]
(If I may say so myself, I think it's not doing too badly. It may be the art of a programmer, but I don't think it's *too* much like programmer art. Hopefully I'll be able to show everyone something of interest soon)
Ok.
I posted about it in my screenshots thread.
I don't really have any programming projects on at the moment. I'm more concentrating on my environment control system for my terrariums, which will involve microcontroller / eeprom programming I suppose.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
Professional:
  • APE2 : a new version of the Analyses & Politiques Economiques student's website, with wiki-like link manager, course evaluation and an online course schedule. PHP & MySQL, using an enhanced version of Tekton.
  • WOFOW : online workflow management solution, in collaboration with several other people. ASP.NET 2.0

Personal:
  • Mendeleiev : a 3D game engine in C#. Version numbers are periodic table element names.
  • Scarab : an online 2D puzzle game in PHP.
  • Tekton : a PHP content management system, and a markup language loosely based on LaTeX.
  • Weirs : a 2D top-down shooter game à la Gauntlet, using Mendeleiev.

Hiatus/daydreaming:
  • Tymed : a programming language dedicated to game development.
  • SG : an RTS using Mendeleiev, possibly also AI contest material I'd use on GDNet.
  • T-Gallery: a Tekton-based online gallery in PHP.
  • radix_map: an STL-friendly map implementation using integers as keys, with O(1) insert/find/remove.
  • Collision Prediction: a series of GDNet articles describing a collision prediction system hopefully more efficient than collision detection.
  • SASHand: a text editor for the SAS language, with intellisense and refactoring tools.
  • IDE-Light: a small IDE (editor, compiler, debugger) for Caml Light, in OCaml, which I'd use for teaching purposes.
With Export-Games i'm working on Tearsol and an unannounced 4E game.

My own personal (rare) free time project is helping out with an alternative cinema style event at various festivals.
------ ----- ---- --- -- -Export-Games.com is searching for talented and friendly developers. Visit our Help Wanted post for more info!My Indie development uber Journal - A game production walk through.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement