Awesome news(i think)

Started by
4 comments, last by GotenRulezU 17 years, 7 months ago
I am taking a COP1002 Introduction to Programming Logic and I have talked with the instructor. He says he wants me to be active on the forums and help students and whatnot. Then a week later I get a call from him he tells me the head of the CS department wants me to be an assitant teacher for the CGS 1570 class and every subsequent CS/programming class that I take therafter. Is this an awesome opportunity or what? -Cory
-Goten
Advertisement
How much does it pay? :P
Quote:Original post by GotenRulezU
I am taking a COP1002 Introduction to Programming Logic and I have talked with the instructor. He says he wants me to be active on the forums and help students and whatnot. Then a week later I get a call from him he tells me the head of the CS department wants me to be an assitant teacher for the CGS 1570 class and every subsequent CS/programming class that I take therafter. Is this an awesome opportunity or what?
-Cory

Ahhh, Assistant Teacher. The new slave for the education age!
Ive done that. Usually, the pay is not worth the time you will need to put on this, unless you plan to do graduate studies and teaches those classes yourself.
I don't think the pay is the biggest part of it. That would look nice on a resume I bet. I think you should take this oporunity for the expirence(unless your tight on money and need to get a better job that pays more for the hour).
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
Actually that is a good opportunity. I'm not sure what all assistant teacher entails, but it will get you more 'popular' with the professors, and, as it turns out, professors know people. The better your networking during college, the better it will be when you graduate. Not necessarily saying you'll make tons more money or anything, but it will be easier to find jobs that you like.

edit: also I was going to mention what lethalhamster said, probably looks good on a resume too.
its only 8-10 dollars per hour but i make 9.50 an hour anyways and its doing something i hate.
-Cory
-Goten

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement