Are you emotionally attached to your computer?

Started by
19 comments, last by coding penguin 17 years, 7 months ago
Maybe thats the problem. I did a straight from-scratch build, no hardware transfered, very few files transfered, and haven't done all the setting resetting yet.

Perhaps that'll get rid of this wierd feeling.

The older machine is the first machine I ever built, maybe thats why I'm attached to it like this.

Guess I'm just insane, wouldn't be the first time. But it appears I'm totally alone in this particular realm of insanity :P
Advertisement
Sure, I'm attached to my machines.

But then, I'm also attached to a random chunk of worthless rock I found in the first grade, so I'm probably not the best benchmark for sentimentality.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

All emotion is insanity.

Emotional states like happiness and unhappiness are similar to pain, sensors indicating something has gone wrong with your thinking. They are there to protect you, not for your entertainment.
Yes, I am emotionally attached to my computer. It's 4+ years old and has not died down a bit since I bought it. I'm going to be getting a new laptop next year, so I'll surely miss this one [sad].
omg get a girlfriend
I'm emotionally attached to the money I spent on my machine
I'm attached to some machines, but not most. I'm usually more attached to the OS and the setup, but that's usually a harddrive swap away anyway :-)

Three machines in particular that I am attached to:

- My first PC: A Tulip 8086 XT machine with CGA monitor (owned by Dad ofcourse)
- My first own PC. A self-built AMD64 3500 with nice bells and whistles (using it now)
- My 3 HP NetServer LC3's Dual PII's. Aside from performing wonderfully, the huuuge 1.20m high towers with 6-bay SCSI hardware raids and lots of blinkenlights just looks awsome (and sounds like an F16 during take-off [grin]).

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

I am not really attached to my computer, but I sure as hell miss it when working on this POS computer at work. [smile]
My computer isn't in tip-top shape (mobo seems to be dying) so if hate counts as "emotionally attached" then I'm a bit attached ;)
Quote:Original post by Laptoper
All emotion is insanity.

Emotional states like happiness and unhappiness are similar to pain, sensors indicating something has gone wrong with your thinking. They are there to protect you, not for your entertainment.

Are you available for kids parties?

Anyway, I love all my old computers and try and revive them over time. I do pillage components from them on upgrade but I do try and give them life again... run them as a server or something.
So yea, I would say I am emotionally attached to my old computers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement