Sign in to follow this  
nsmadsen

Sonar Update: is it worth it?

For all of you Sonar users out there, I'm looking at the Sonar 5 (and the eventual Sonar 6) upgrades. I'm wondering if they are worth it or not. I'm using Sonar 4 currently, but actually liked the features in 3 better. I know they change stuff everytime, but for the cash....I'm starting to doubt it's worth. Eventually I want to a Mac, so I can use both Mac and PC programs. Anyone doing that now? If so, how steady is it? I'm also interested in potentially doing a collab with some of you on this forum. There are many very talented artists here, and I always think it's fun to collaborate. So....if you're interested, let's chat. Thanks! Nathan PS- I'm sorry I haven't been as active as I have been in the past. I've been teaching high school band during the day- and have been incredibily busy. I've also taken on several projects and am hoping to eventually score music full time. We'll see!

I only have 3, and have not used 4 or 5, but from what I read it *seems* that 5 has some extremely cool features, like the new plug-ins and stuff like being able to put fx on every single clip (rather than being limited to a track).