Sign in to follow this  
ToohrVyk

Mindsweeper

Because of a similar-named thread in the lounge, I've had a flash of insight and invented a variation on the Minesweeper game. Tiles are either walked or unwalked, and some contain hidden mines. The objective is to walk all tiles without mines before the time runs out. By clicking on an unwalked tile, it becomes walked, and all adjacent mines appear as red dots: they will fade away over the course of 1 second. The difficulty is now remembering where mines have been revealed, instead of determining where they are based on numbers. I'm pretty sure this has already been invented. Has it?

this would be extremely easy to cheat at. I mean marking where the mines are. However you could try to make a hexagonal mine sweeper game. That probably opens up some strategy. Or add other things on the game map, other than mines. I can't seem to think of any at the moment.

//edit oh, you could have a special move like a nuke and you click and 9 of the blocks are destroyed.

Quote:
Original post by Sirisian
this would be extremely easy to cheat at. I mean marking where the mines are.

If you manage to mark mine positions reliably without running out of time, you deserve to win...

It's possible to cheat at minesweeper using an easy-to-write macro, but what's the point? Most people play games with simple concepts like this because they're addictive, not because they want to cheat.

I see your point, I was thinking about time and stuff when I was posting. I guess I just realized there's not point in cheating in a single player game. By the way I am a huge fan of minesweeper. I would love to see a new version of it. Just make sure it involves logic. The red dots add memorization. I like the number scheme because you know you can solve the most complex minesweeper grid, it's just that you need to do it quickly.