Announcement: Notesengo.com

Started by
6 comments, last by Roots 17 years, 7 months ago
Hello Gamedev.net Community, While this is not a game development related announcement, I feel like I wanted to announce this project to this community for beta testing. So, here it is! Notesengo.com is a means for college students to upload, search, tag, and share class notes with one another. Education is all about sharing information and resources, so why should college notes be kept so private? Most of us just through our notes away at the end of the year anyway. Why not take the time to just copy a couple pages and upload them to Notesengo? Help establish the world's largest collection of student created resources. Plus, by just uploading one set of notes, you gain access to the note repository. So why not give it a try? It is free to use, all you need is a valid college e-mail address. Please note that I have very few colleges actually registered -- so if you try to sign up and it gives you a network error, I will be getting a personal email and I will add your school ASAP, so just wait a few and try again. All comments and criticisms are welcome. -v
Advertisement
Very good idea, in my opinion. I don't take notes myself, prefering the old brain, so it won't help me personally. But many of my friends at university can't get enough of 'em, especially the night before a test. Hope it works out.
Just added University of Virginia, for whoever just tried that.
This could be a useful tool. I am starting University tomorrow (at the University of Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada).
University of Lethbridge added ;)

Tell all your friends. The more people who sign up, the more useful it becomes!
Most schools are note available at the moment, but the second someone tries a new school, I am notified, and will add it ASAP.
any other thoughts?
One last bump before I let this sink into the abyss of lost posts...
Did you consider copyright liabilities? Do you inform the students who upload their notes exactly what rights they retain to their original copyrighted work, and what rights they surrender? (Yes, class notes are copyrighted). Just curious. [smile]

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read the TOS and it looks like you got the bases covered. [grin]

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement