Borland Turbo Explorer

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 7 months ago
Borland has released the free Turbo Explorer IDE/Compiler series today. You can download from turboexplorer.com This is a big download... ~518mb in two packages. The second package (IDE) is only comming down the line at 2.8KB/sec, so you might want to wait a day or two if you decide to give the good old Turbo line a try. PC Mag Review
∫Mc
Advertisement
cool, i'll give their IDE a try... i sure hope they didn't rush out a crap product.
Yeah they must've run out of bandwith since the link is completely dead now:(
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
I downloaded it (TC++) 8 hours ago, and it's at my ADSL's max speed. Anyway, it's only a 339MB dl for me, as I have downloaded the prereq.zip when I tried BDS2006.

I was very disappointed with TC++ Explorer/BDS2006 (Turbo C++ Explorer is actually the C++Builder in BDS2006 taken out saperately) for 2 reason:

1) The dbExpress components - it doesn't look like they have fixed the bugs with them, and much worse, I'm now totally unable to access the MySQL database,(Always give an exception error when I try to activate any of the components, except for the TSQLConnection which did connect with MySQL) while the older version from BCB6 works well (but with many bugs that need workaround, one of the very annoying bugs (SELECT DISTINCT + RecordCount property)is intentional according to some guy in Borland's news group).

2) Why they still haven't update the components (buttons, combobox, etc) to use WinXP type of appearance?

So far I found no reason for me to change from BCB6 to BDS2006/TC++Exp. No Improvement at all.

The only thing good about TC++Exp is it's free.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement