FMOD organisation

Started by
1 comment, last by phi 17 years, 7 months ago
I'm working on an MP3 player to practise my C++ skills. I've started using FMOD but I'm not sure how my program should be organised. I'll be using wxWidgets for the GUI. Should I be creating header files that allow me to call functions (such as setVolume, getVolume etc...) The function setVolume is a function that I've created that encompasses the commands of FMOD. Then in my event based program (ie the GUI code), do I just say "if button clicked then setVolume(parameters)"? Or is there a better way I should be doing this? Thanks
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by phi
I'm working on an MP3 player to practise my C++ skills. I've started using FMOD but I'm not sure how my program should be organised. I'll be using wxWidgets for the GUI. Should I be creating header files that allow me to call functions (such as setVolume, getVolume etc...) The function setVolume is a function that I've created that encompasses the commands of FMOD. Then in my event based program (ie the GUI code), do I just say "if button clicked then setVolume(parameters)"? Or is there a better way I should be doing this?
Thanks

If your goal is to improve your c++ skills, then I suggest you to use an Object Oriented design. For example, your sound can be encapsulated in a class with many methods:
setVolume()
getVolume()
pause()
play()
setPosition()
getPosition()
Hi, thanks for the reply. Although this MP3 player is just a test on using C++ with FMOD, I'll be expanding on it to make it a larger project. So, I want a solid foundation to work on it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement