Sign in to follow this  
phakorn214

Learning C++

Hi. I am a newbie and i wanted to learn programming C++. Can you guys introduce me a good-easy use program for C++? And also i am finding the guide for languague C++ for more than 4 hours. But i found some nonsence/need to buy book guide. Can you guys pelase give me a link to the C++ guide? Or can you pelase teach me some basic about it? Please pm me . @removed phakorn_214@hotmail.com

I recommend you learn to use the search feature on this site - it is very helpfull for looking up answers to commonly asked questions.

Second, go to the "Resources" | "For Beginners" section, it has many helpfull things, start there.

Third, there was a Beginning C++ Workshop that started here about 8 weeks ago, I believe the articles / exercices, etc are archived. Have a look at it.

Good Luck.

Quote:
Original post by phakorn214
Hi. I found a C++ programs called DEV C++. Does it support all type of coding? And also, the C++workshop in this forum seem mush have the guide book. Can any1 scan the book for me?

scaning the book would be considered piracy wich is not allowed there, there are no single guide books for C++ C++ is just a standard & there are many books that you can use to learn it . however if you're not ready to pay for a book there are free alternatives like thinking in C++
this book is complete & absolutely free (but not necessarily as easy as many other printed ones althought this is just my opinion & i know this book is pretty respected)

what you call & C++ program is called a compiler it is used to translate C++ code into an executable yes dev C++ will do what you want (there are no types of coding btw C++ compilers just support C++ code it's that simple) you should get visual C++ express edition (wich is free from miscrosoft) instead since it's quite a bit more featurefull than dev c++ (& is pretty much the same as other versions of visual studio wich are used in lots of company for windows programming)

Yeah Dev-C++ is a pretty good free compiler, and if I were you I would buy a book I find they are the best way to learn. If your strapped for cash you can try www.half.com or www.amazon.com they usually got good deals on used books, or you can go to your local barnes and nobles they have sorta recently came out with a "In easy steps" Book and they are only 10$USD iam sure you would be able to afford that. Well good luck on learning C++!.

Next time you're going to want to put this in the For Beginners Forum... Otherwise the mods will yell at ya. This forum is for people wanting to get help on projects, For Beginners is for people who are freshly learning.

Anyways, on the book. I'd recommend "Beginning C++ Game Programming." It provides an easy way to learn C++ in a fun manner.