Does Nvidia accept college students for their 'Registered Developers Program' ?

Started by
6 comments, last by smitty1276 17 years, 7 months ago
I wondered because it has some benefits (documents, cheaper hardware etc.) I'd quite be interested in. However, it has multiple registration forms (Game Developer Application, Workstation Developer Application, Handheld Developer Application ,Gelato Developer Application) with 'Game Developer' coming closest to what I'm doing (computer graphics) so I chose that one. However, there are a lot of fields that ask detailed questions about running projects (for which I don't have much time at the moment since I'm working for my grades) and now I wonder if people like me are wanted for the program at all (before joining the industry). I wrote an email to support, they didn't answer. If anybody here has joined that program I'd like to hear your experiences. Thanks for your admittance
Advertisement
No, not really. The program's intended for actual commercial developers; unless you're employed by a game company which has actually shipped commercial video games, you're unlikely to hear back from them.

Don't feel too broken up about it, though. There isn't that much of interest there. Most of the technical material is available publically, and most of the stuff that isn't, isn't available on nvdeveloper either (they don't give you NDAed material just because you're in the program).
Those programs are meant for real developers, as in companies or groups actively making a commercial game, though it's not unheard of that an indie team can register, though I believe they need to be to a point of showing significant progress in a real project. I'd be very surprised if they allowed you in.

edit: beaten to it!
NV doesn't, but ATI will accept students and hobbyists in their devel program. Not that you'd gain anything significant from it, though.
This was insanely fast. :)
Thanks for your answers, it would have been too nice to be true.
I've even worked at simulation companies that ship military/defense products, and I haven't heard back from them.
Quote:Original post by Desperado
I wondered because it has some benefits (documents, cheaper hardware etc.) I'd quite be interested in. However, it has multiple registration forms (Game Developer Application,

If anybody here has joined that program I'd like to hear your experiences.

My work is a member of the nVidia game developer program and there's honestly zero benefit to it. All you get is access to a very inactive message board. Plus, the cheaper hardware is a myth because their "board store" has been down for about a year now.

I only actively visit developer.nvidia.com and rarely go to nvdeveloper.nvidia.com. You're not missing much.
What about the new version of FXComposer? I thought it was available to registered developers even though it isn't released.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement