Compile Errors, oh no

Started by
2 comments, last by Mushu 17 years, 7 months ago
Hi all, First, if you are reading this then thank you. I am having a terrible problem, I cant sleep, its maddening(Sorry for that). Ok, so I've been recently learning to use directX and I've been using Visual C++ 6, so I have switched from using DirectX 9 to DirectX 8 (I know, I should just download Visual Studio 2005 Express, but my internet is way to slow). When I compile my program and run it from within Visual C++ it works just right, but when I run it from outside visual c++ it does not run. Also when I try to compile it for release it gives me link errors. Please help, it's driving me insane. Thank you!
Advertisement
The release build errors can probably be fixed by switching the configuration to a multi-threaded build (under project settings.)

As for the external app not running, this is usually caused by your textures and such being in the wrong place (they're loaded relative to your executable.)
Thank you so much! I got it to run outside of Visual C++. Where would I set the multithreaded build setting. Thanks again.
Project > Settings > C/C++ > Category: Code Generation > Use Run-Time Library

[wink]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement