• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Aardvajk

DX SDK question

This topic is 4482 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[EDIT] Never mind - seems to work Following a bit of a disaster, I need to reinstall the DX SDK tonight. What I was wondering was this - is it still possible to get hold of and install the earliest non-beta DirectX 9 SDK? The reason I ask is that I figure I don't need any of the latest features in the stuff I am doing, and I also figure that if I compiled against the earliest possible DirectX 9 SDK, rather than have to mess about shipping an installer for the latest DirectX run-time, I could just state that DirectX 9 was a minimum requirement and forget about it. I'm not talking about commercial releases - just daft free games to put in the GD showcase or on my site. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks. Paul [EDIT] Actually, just found this. If I install this and build my D3D9 apps against it, would that imply that anyone with DirectX 9.0 runtime or any later version would be able to run it as-is? Appreciate there are other .dlls I need to ship with a visual C++ app for the C runtime but it would really simplify things for me. [EDIT] Well, all seems to be okay. I've built my old app against the SDK above and dumpbin seems to think that d3d9.dll is sufficient to run it so I can only assume this is okay until I can test against another computer on Monday. [Edited by - EasilyConfused on September 8, 2006 3:01:50 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!