• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ehmdjii

swarm behaviour

This topic is 4308 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello, i need to render some particles which move around in a swarm-like behaviour (like a fish swarm) so if the swarm moves in a specific direction, all the single particles basically also move in that direction but each at a slightly different speed and slightly different direction. which of course changes so that the swarm isn't split up and all the single particles remain together. are there any algorithms that describe an implementation of that behaviour? if so, i would be grateful if you could point me to some links or papers. thanks!

Advertisement
If you want source code the inventor of boids has created one. It's called OpenSteer. It's easy to put together one youself but.. well you now the wheel invetion =)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!