GLSLProgram?

Started by
8 comments, last by Dragon_Strike 17 years, 7 months ago
ive read the book "more opengl programming" and im now trying to implement a gemorph shader into my terrain engine but im having trouble with the GLSLProgram described in the book... ithe problem is quite simple... my compiler doesnt find the class... im using visual c++.net ive included glee like this: #include <gl\glee.h> #pragma comment(lib, "glee") but when i write in my terrain class: GLSLShader Morprh; i get the error: "Missing storage class or type specifier" (C2501)... what am i doing wrong?
Advertisement
It sounds like GLSLShader isn't defined anywhere. You should post the actual error... certainly it has a line number associated with it. Are you forgetting to include something?
The GLSLShader class is surely not defined in glee.h.
glee's job is to load openGL extensions. the openGL API is written in C, so with glee, you have acces to the gl functions, like glCreateShader() etc.

You have to include the header file wich describe the GLSLShader class. if you are doing tutorials from a book, the header and the code for GLSLShader must be given with the book.
the thing is that is isnt.. the book doesnt say anything about where i can find the file (which i havent found) or even that i need it... soo i was taking for granted that GLee had it..

but yea the class is obviosly not in teh header... i mightve missed something completly...

anyone know where i can find this class?
Are you sure the book doesn't walk you through writing the GLSLShader class in previous chapters?
it goes through the class header... but not the functions...

doesnt anyone have this book that might point me in the right direction?
Quote:Original post by Dragon_Strike

yep, phantom (moderator of this forum) wrote that chapter :)
he might be able to send you those files. the book's website hasn't been updated in a long time and I think that was part of what was going to be updated.

Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Quote:Original post by Dragon_Strike

yep, phantom (moderator of this forum) wrote that chapter :)
he might be able to send you those files. the book's website hasn't been updated in a long time and I think that was part of what was going to be updated.

i wrote a mail to him... hope he replies...

ah, it was you... I did see the email but my mail client isn't working atm however now I know what you want I'll sort out a download for you (I have given Dave the chapter code, but if the website hasn't been updated then I don't know when it'll be up).
sounds good

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement