Cloud

Started by
6 comments, last by JBourrie 17 years, 7 months ago
Hi guys, I looking for a cloud to adapt in a game like Zelda.
Advertisement
As you look at real clouds, you will notice a repetitive pattern. If you don't notice the pattern, keep looking.

Simple photographic still-images are practically useless for study. You could check out some fluid simulation stuff on google.

Toon shading is something that might work for your style of imagery.

(Yes Wind Waker was good. Yes I'm a fanboy hehe.)
Tnx but I talking about a Zelda: Link to the past game :)

The last Zelda 2d game for SNES :>
You're wanting to create clouds for a 2d game? I don't understand what you're going for. Can you elaborate? Or show some pictures of something in the direction of what you're trying to do?
To do clouds in a 2D game, you would usually make it a transparent layer over top of the world. Of course, unless the camera for the game is extremely high off of the ground, it is very unrealistic to see a cloud that near the ground (unless it's mist or something).

Many 2D games instead show the shadows of the clouds projected onto the ground.

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

Quote:Original post by Wavewash
You're wanting to create clouds for a 2d game? I don't understand what you're going for. Can you elaborate? Or show some pictures of something in the direction of what you're trying to do?

I'm looking for a 2d cloud image to make trasparent.
Quote:Original post by JBourrie

Do you know where I can find a example of this effect?
Quote:Original post by NighTiger
Quote:Original post by JBourrie

Do you know where I can find a example of this effect?

If I remember right, the original Breath of Fire series for the SNES used this technique. It was a skewed perspective, so you could see clouds where the camera was high, but most of the clouds were off camera and their shadows were used instead. Kind of cool looking.

I'm certain that I see it pretty regularly, and I know I saw it used recently, but I can't remember where I saw it. I'll respond again if it comes to me.

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement