[.net] automatic documentation for C# 2.0

Started by
3 comments, last by RipTorn 17 years, 7 months ago
Is there any documention program like ndoc that works for C# 2.0 I used to use nDoc which worked with 2.0 (with a little fix they had) but that was before i used some of the newer language features (generics). on their sight they said it wouldn't work well if i used generics. so now i need a new auto documentation program (hopefully one that works like ndoc) that works with 2.0.
Advertisement
Doxygen works pretty well.
It is only confused if you use constraints with generic types, but you can use comment blocks to make it ignore that part of it.
It's sad to see the NDoc project go under. Fortunately if you use NAnt in your build system, you can pass "doc" and it will generate the documentation for your .NET 2.0 assemblies.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
If you are using VS2005 (or an express sku), you can do...

Right click the Project > Properties (or Project > %name% Properties... menu item), click on the "Build" tab, and check the "XML Documentation File" check box, and enter a file path. This will drop out a nice xml document that you could style with an xslt or something.

Make use of the then you can make use of the "///" editor "shortcut" to generate xmlized comments for each public you want to expose in your documentation.
Sandcastle.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement