link error + COLLADA

Started by
11 comments, last by Limitz 17 years, 7 months ago
Just something to think about, because the COLLADA DOM is quite large and has quite a few dependencies - I found it much easier to read through the COLLADA files myself with my own XML parser and interpret it as I need. The most complex thing you have to do is resolve the URI links, but that's really not that difficult.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Excors
When linking with lots of static .lib files, I've found VS2005's "Use Library Dependency Inputs" to be extremely useful, cutting the link time from minutes down to seconds. As far as I can tell, it just adds all the original .obj files (as used when creating the .libs) onto the linker command line, so the same could be fairly simple through other IDEs. But that option wasn't in VS2003's IDE, so I don't know if the corresponding compiler version supports it.

That sounds really interesting, i've got 2005 compiler as well, so i will give that try then, thanks.
Quote:Original post by okonomiyaki
Just something to think about, because the COLLADA DOM is quite large and has quite a few dependencies - I found it much easier to read through the COLLADA files myself with my own XML parser and interpret it as I need. The most complex thing you have to do is resolve the URI links, but that's really not that difficult.

Yes, that is certainly the way i want to do it in the future. But i'm just making a demo, so for now i try to spend as little time as possible reinventing the wheel. I am making wrapper libs which can easily be swapped with my own version, as soon as i write one.

But thanks :)
Greetings.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement