• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Degra

[Solved] [FMOD] Channel Callback

This topic is 4306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to setup a channel callback, but the compiler keeps spitting this annoying error at me... error C2664: 'FMOD::Channel::setCallback' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'FMOD_RESULT (__cdecl *)(FMOD::Channel *,FMOD_CHANNEL_CALLBACKTYPE,int,unsigned int,unsigned int)' to 'FMOD_CHANNEL_CALLBACK' pointing to this line... channel->setCallback(FMOD_CHANNEL_CALLBACKTYPE_END, &trackEnd, 0); This is my callback function, taken straight out of the FMOD Ex Programmer's Guide: FMOD_RESULT F_CALLBACK trackEnd(FMOD::Channel *channel, FMOD_CHANNEL_CALLBACKTYPE type, int command, unsigned int commanddata1, unsigned int commanddata2); If I change the callback to: FMOD_RESULT F_CALLBACK trackEnd(FMOD::Channel *channel, FMOD_CHANNEL_CALLBACK type, int command, unsigned int commanddata1, unsigned int commanddata2); the compiler still tells me... error C2664: 'FMOD::Channel::setCallback' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'FMOD_RESULT (__cdecl *)(FMOD::Channel *,FMOD_CHANNEL_CALLBACK,int,unsigned int,unsigned int)' to 'FMOD_CHANNEL_CALLBACK' I've been trying to solve this for ages. It's probably something really stupid I missed. Has anyone got any ideas? Degra [Edited by - Degra on September 9, 2006 7:10:32 AM]

Advertisement
*Smacks face* - it was something really stupid lol.
For some reason I had changed..
FMOD_RESULT F_CALLBACK trackEnd(FMOD_Channel *channel, FMOD_CHANNEL_CALLBACKTYPE type, int command, unsigned int commanddata1, unsigned int commanddata2);

to
FMOD_RESULT F_CALLBACK trackEnd(FMOD::Channel *channel, FMOD_CHANNEL_CALLBACKTYPE type, int command, unsigned int commanddata1, unsigned int commanddata2);

Degra

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!