Sign in to follow this  
darthstrife

Best book to get an good understanding of C

I'm looking for a good book to supplement my college classes in C. I always like to go the extra mile and learn on my own as well. I've looking at a few books and was looking to get recommendations for those of you who have read any of these: C for Dummies All in One Reference - Gookin C Primer Plus - Prata C Programming Language - Kernighan C Programming - King C by Dissection - Pohl Thanks in advance for the help!

I've heard this book is the definitive book on C, but it doesn't seem too newbie friendly and it seems to place a lot of emphasis on Unix and doesn't conform to C99 standards...those are the reasons I'm a bit iffy on it.

Recommend C Primer Plus - Prata
I think that this book very easy to follow for newbie... but "C for Dummies" (I don't like it) have a lot of un-nescessary idoim/joke for Programming (it's just me opinion)

Kernighan is definitely the source. A must have. But I remember when I was learning, I really liked "The absolute beginner's guide to C" by Greg Perry, but I don't know if that's still available or if it's up to date or to standard.