• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jazztuffy

OpenGL GLUT LNK error

This topic is 4397 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey all, I am a beginner in opengl and first prob i face is linking openGL GLUT file to my proj. i added them in the related VC lib folder and even then i get the same error...how do i proceed. Thank you

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by jazztuffy
how do i proceed.

By giving us the actual error message.

Error 1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __fltused sample1.obj
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @_RTC_CheckStackVars@8 referenced in function "void __cdecl setup_the_viewvolume(void)" (?setup_the_viewvolume@@YAXXZ) sample1.obj
Error 3 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp referenced in function "void __cdecl setup_the_viewvolume(void)" (?setup_the_viewvolume@@YAXXZ) sample1.obj
Error 4 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown sample1.obj
Error 5 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase sample1.obj
Error 6 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__exit referenced in function _glutCreateWindow_ATEXIT_HACK@4 sample1.obj
Error 7 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMainCRTStartup sample1

thses r the errors

Which GLUT implementation are you using?
Which version of Visual Studio are you using?

I will assume that you did tell the compiler to link your program with the library.

What kind of project are you building console or windows? And make sure you have the glut.h in the correct directory and that directory is in the build paths for the compiler...

Quote:
Original post by jazztuffy
i downloaded glut3.7.6 from opengl website and i am using VS2005

I suggest you grab FreeGLUT instead.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!