nvidia cgc 1.5 hangs??

Started by
14 comments, last by SirKnight 17 years, 7 months ago
I encountered similar problems under OSX, where Cg would simply stop for no apparent reason with a vertex shader. I don't remember the details though, and I think I may have deleted the test case.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
Sure, you can compile to assembly using 1.4.1 and feed that into 1.5 using CG_OBJECT when doing cgCreateProgram/cgCreateProgramFromFile.
Anohter question about 1.5.

in 1.4.1 vs_2_x has the following options

--------------------------------------
vs_2_x profileopts:
DynamicFlowControlDepth=<0 or 24>
NumTemps=<12 to 32>
Predication=<0 or 1>
-------------------------------------

which is ok,
but in 1.5.1 beta2, it is:

vs_2_x profileopts:
DynamicFlowControlDepth=<0 or 24>
NumTemps=<12 to 32>
MaxLocalParams=<n>

where did predication go? and what is MaxLocalParams? i cant 'find' it in D3DCAPS9.
Promit,

We have a page with updated binaries that may have fixed your OSX problem (I can't say for sure though). Here is the link http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg-redistributable-binaries.html

These fix issues from beta 2 and should be downloaded by everyone who has installed the beta 2 toolkit.

PinkFish,

I'll find out from the compiler group why this change was made.

Thanks.
any news?!?!
No, sorry. I don't know why I haven't heard back from the compiler team. I guess I'll send my email again to someone else. I sent it to the cgc manager but maybe he's off on vacation or something...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement