Sign in to follow this  

texture.lock - c#

This topic is 4111 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My overall goal is to get a rectangular portion of my texture and make another texture of it. I saw that texture.lock takes a rect as a parameter, but it keeps failing with an invalid call exception. Does anyone have an example of how to do this whether it be with this function or another? 1 ) Load a texture from file 2 ) Grab a rect from it 3 ) make a new texture from that rect

the way I do it is probably not the best way. But I create a new texture, and a RenderToTexture object, then just draw a quad from your source texture onto it.

Texture t = new Texture(device, surfaceWidth, surfaceHeight, 1, Usage.None,Format.A8R8G8B8, Pool.Managed);

Direct3D.Surface surfaceTarget = t.GetSurfaceLevel(0);
renderToSurface = new RenderToSurface(device, SurfaceWidth, SurfaceHeight, Format.A8R8G8B8, false, DepthFormat.D16);

Viewport vp = new Viewport();

vp.X = 0;
vp.Y = 0;
vp.Width = surfaceWidth;
vp.Height = surfaceHeight;

renderToSurface.BeginScene(surfaceTarget, vp);

// draw quad here

renderToSurface.EndScene();

This topic is 4111 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.