Sign in to follow this  

"C/C++ Programming fundamental" book, which one is cover all basic details?

This topic is 4109 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anyone could you please help to advise "C/C++ Programming fundamental" book which cover compeletly all detail (like C Programming K&R version)and "easily to read". Because I have some book in my hand which easy to read but some contents is missing (may be Author not write to it with some reason).

Hi,

I'm not sure 1 book is going to do it. IT depends on your level, i.e. have you been programming in other languages, etc.

The one that has the reputation of being complete, but not the easiest to read, is the C++ Primer, published by Waite, I think. Though I could be wrong, as I'm only learning C++ myself, but because I have experience with other languages I'm using Acelerated C++ to get up to speed quickly, it just works for me.

Anyway good luck in your hunting, and learning.

I Should also have said, check Amazon and the reviews there it can be helpful, plus I'm sure you'll get a much better answer from the more experienced in the trench developers around here!

I got started programming with an ancient edition "C Primer Plus" with a Motorola logo stamped on it. Based on its quality (superb even after nearly 10 years), I eventually bought "C++ Primer Plus". I have no hesitation recommending it to others.

In general, always look for books that double as a reference. You want to invest in something that you can read through to learn something, but can also be kept at your desk and used as you code.

I also can strongly recommend "C++ Primer Plus" by "Stephen Prata" ...
It's as well a good point to start learning C++ and also a good book for reviewing different topics. When reading some of the reviews you might notice that the people do refer to older editions when talking about typos ... I've got the actuall fourth edition and I can't tell of having anything to complain ...

Another good book would be "Object-Oriented Programming With C++" by "Robert Lafore"

Hope I could help.

greetz,
marcel

This topic is 4109 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.