evc++ simple installation question

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 7 months ago
So after getting a)200mb of evc++, b)200mb of windows ce sdk, c)50mb of win 2k sp2, d)5mb of windows ce manager, time wasted for a wild goose chase to find price of evc++ after the installer ask me for the e)registration number, and finally finding the small printed registration number for a "free" product in a web page, and spending hideous amount of time waiting for unzips, scanning and installation, and now installing windows ce sdk, the software said i need a particular f)"software development tool" and ask me to go its "software development tool" website to "find out" what tools to install, good grief, M$ SDT site is pretty big, and the search engine is crappy, so dudes would appreciate if you can tell what SDT i need to install(i tried to install evc++ but it wants the sdk installed). Thanks in advance.
MoooooooooooMoooooooooooooooooooMoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Advertisement
Option (A) is really the only one you will need to use it. It should install the compiler, the '02 (or was it earlier?) SDK, and an emulator.

If you don't already know this, eMbedded Visual C++ is relatively horrible for C++, with the language working like a crappier version of VC6, and no respect for the language standard which had been out for five years prior to eVC4's release.

If you are targeting 2003 or later devices and have a tiny bit of money stashed away, do yourself a favor and don't use eVC. Don't bother downloading the 2003 SDK, either. Use Visual Studio 2005 professional if you need to do C++, or use VS2003 professional if you are fine with C# or VB.NET. You will thank yourself later.
Thanks! You're the man.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement