Sign in to follow this  

DirectX - xp tooltip (mouseovers) slows framerate

This topic is 4105 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

heres something that seems to be happening a lot. I have an ATI-X850 card and the framerate of the DX samples seems fine - but as soon as a Windows balloon pops up the frame rate goes for a toss!... anyone facing a similar issue? (i have already changed my windows performance settings to "best" with no visual effects) - but that seems to be working only at times...

Not only that, I've also noticed that when in full screen mode(exclusive), the tooltip causes device loss as well as focus loss. The only fix I could come up with was a hack n' slash switch from full-screen to windowed (when tooltip comes on) and back to full-screen.
Anyways, this happened to me on under XP using nvidia 6100.

hey, i dont have a workaround but just a general comment/question...the same thing happens when i've got AOL instant messenger on and one of those little "alert" things appear in the lower right corner....my framerate slows to a crawl.

This topic is 4105 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.