Game Creation Software

Started by
6 comments, last by TwistedMind 17 years, 7 months ago
I am not sure what section this post belongs to, but think it would be best suited in this one 'software engineering'. If any of you know the 'Game Maker' by Mark Overmars, it's something like that I search for just for making 3D games (with playstyles like 'Tomb Raider', 'WoW' etc.). Being able to create things and add attributes like Strength, Dexterity etc. would be nice... Does any of you have knowledge of any such software?, or why it is not made/created yet? ...if that's the case.

We only have the power to change the future, not the past. That's why we should learn from our mistakes, and be given the change to show we have learned from them.

Advertisement
TombRaider 1 is a good example.

WoW is a bad example. The worst, actually. Don't even go there.

There are several such kits, search for them on Google (3D game creation kit, etc)
Any of them in special that can be recommended?

We only have the power to change the future, not the past. That's why we should learn from our mistakes, and be given the change to show we have learned from them.

Blitz3D
_______________________Afr0Games
I have been working on a program that does just this kind of thing. My program doesn’t exactly make everything what it does is take all of your models and sounds and alike and lets you arrange them on the level how you want. You still need to make the models in 3D Studio Max, Maya, MilkShape etc… but I do have a functional out put it does let you put together a third person action game like tomb raiders. but as of yet its still relly buggy but functional all the same.
Peace Code & Coffee :)
Nice to hear you're working on such a program writh.
Keep up the good work, or should I say 'bug squashing' :-).

Well id say,that everything fails in comparison to gamemaker...providing an intuitive language.sprite editor level creator,paths,time,its even venturing into the unknown depths of 3D.well unknown to those who use gamemaker.if your just looking for something to use that even a child could manipulate.gamemakers for you.but just learn c++ or something and youll definetly create some better game.

plus youll get the the personal enjoyment of creating something.that you just wont get from an "fps maker"
Thank you firewall1, I will take it into consideration.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement