• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[java] [solved] Need to Optimize: ICONST/BIPUSH TABLESWITCH

This topic is 4183 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[EDIT] Damn it! I was inadvertently using a very old version of proguard. In fact, Proguard 3.6 optimizes that kind of code away just fine! D'oh! and there I was, working with Jikes and Jode and Jshrink and all sorts of tools when I was using the right one all the way... Heyas! I found jikes to be somewhat unstable, and I'm looking for a reliable tool or java compiler (preferrably a byte code optimizer, though) that optimizes away the following:
public static final int constant = 123;

{
  switch (constant)
    {
      case 123:
       importantCode();
       break;
      case 124:
       otherCode();
       break;
}

This is basically for a compile time optimization of Java in order to do away with preprocessors for mobile java. However, javac generates code that does ICONST oder BIPUSH with a constant immediate value, and then TABLESWITCH, and thusly keeps all the otherCode() intact... which is undesirable for a host of reasons, primarily selective use of Profiles/Configurations and size reduction. [Edited by - Thygrrr on September 14, 2006 8:28:21 AM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement