Sign in to follow this  

Noob Build Error

This topic is 4106 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm following the tutorials on game development at the Microsoft Coding4Fun site using Visual Express C# and I'm getting this error: Error 1 The type 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\DirectX for Managed Code\1.0.2902.0\Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\DirectX for Managed Code\2.0.0.0_x86\Microsoft.DirectX.dll' C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel_Oreagan\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\BattleTank2006\GameEngine.cs 78 17 BattleTank2006 It seems theres some kind of conflict between two files, anyone know how to sort out this error? All I'm doing is trying to declare a variable of type 'Device'. Thanks

The DLLs are incompatible because they both export the same namespaces and such. You either want to work with the 1.x versions or the 2.x versions but not both.

Remove your reference to one of those files and re-build. You should be good to go.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I would suggest using MDX 1.1. MDX 2.0 was canceled in beta and is now being re-released as the XNA Framework, with tons of new features and such. If you're interested in using that, you could download XNA Game Studio Express Beta 1 for full integration with VC# EE.

This topic is 4106 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.