GRAPHICS

Started by
3 comments, last by Palidine 17 years, 7 months ago
hello all I wanna make a VIRTUAL REALITY APPLICATION that will use glasses and 3D mouse and this will include the adaption of a movie with the application and i am confused which to choose JAVA 3D or openGL based on JAVA open GL package on the website is not available as the site is always not available so advice me whice to choose
Advertisement
1. The double post was probably just an error, but you can delete the extra one using the 'edit' button.

2. You might edit your post title to a) get rid of the all-caps, and b) describe more clearly what the question is regarding.
Also, if you could describe what experience you have with programming or making games already that would help... Here is my answer if you are new to this:

If you are indeed new to programming let me suggest you start easier. Get a good book and go through the chapters. When you've got the basics and feel you have enough knowledge you can start on a small game project. Pong, Tetris, a small text rpg. Work your way up from there, it will take a few years.

If, however you already know Java as it seems implied, it's harder to answer the queston because it's kind of vague. Flesh it out so we know what specifically you want advice on.
_______________________"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
SA all

yes i have an experience in programming but I am new to 3D programming

and wt I will develop god willing is a whole application in virtual reality using head mount and 3D mouse the application will include a virtual environment
that is a movie not created by me but I will make modifications and stuff to make it adaptable with the sets and so when i look at an object in it with the glasses transformation must occure depending on the movement i made with the glasses ...etc

i read a little in sun tutorials in Java3D but it doesnt clarify if it can be efficient to such applications or not

and i knew that openGL on java is powerful but i am not sure which to choose and i need to make a decision as i face time limitations
Java 3D uses openGL as its render, so I'm a little confused about what you're asking. I don't think there's a difference between Java 3D and openGL based on Java, because Java 3D is already based on openGL...

[EDIT: removed unhelpful editorial comment =)]

-me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement