Sign in to follow this  

Included file not found during compile time.

This topic is 4107 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Included file not found during compile time. This must be an easy question for you to answer. I have a header file (basetsd.h) that is located in the C:\Program Files\Microsooft Visual Studio\VC98\Include directory. Where do I set the path to this header file? I don't want to hard code it in my cpp file (which is what the last programmer who worked on this project did).

In your project settings, you can set additional include directories. Also, you can add this path to your compiler's list of include directories. The method of doing this changes throughout different versions of VC++ (assuming that's what you're using) but in 2003 at least, to change project settings, right click on the project in the solution manager pane and select properties. I think it's in C++ options. To change compiler paths, I think there's an option in the Tools menu, Options, Project Settings (IIRC).

Well depending on where the file is, you may or may not need to use the ".h"

So it could be :
#include <basetsd>

Because its in a include folder in the VS directory. Try that. I might be wrong. All i know is that like perfectly_dark said, different complilers use different formats for the include files.

example:

In turbo
#include <stdlib.h>

In VStudio it would be
#include <cstdlib>

notice there's a "c" and no ".h"

This topic is 4107 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.