DirectX 8.1 SDK where?

Started by
5 comments, last by M3d10n 17 years, 7 months ago
Hi guys, I've just started programming with directX and I wanted to download SDK for 8.1 but those microsoft idiots took it away from their website(well, I can't find it), may you please tell me where I could download it, or send it to my email? please, I really need it (I read on this forums that some of you have it..) my email is morgawr@gmail.com help me thanx :D
Advertisement
Man, those idiots, not keeping 5 year old api SDK's laying around on their website... Unless you have a really good reason, you should be using the latest SDK anyway. However, a little googling found a GD.Net thread about this very thing, with a link inside that still appears to have the file.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=315700
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
Here's what I always use: DX8.1 headers and libs
These are only the necessary files to compile DirectX programs, so no examples or documentation is included. You also will have to setup all the directories yourself.

For good measure, I included the DX8.1 help file also: DX8.1 help file

EDIT: I seem to fall in repetition :) + fixed links
wow, really thanx, when i come back home i'll download them, tyvmuch ^^ (i'm at school right now lol )
I have to ask - Why DX8.1? What's wrong with DX9?
sorry :P but i can't tell it xD
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
I have to ask - Why DX8.1? What's wrong with DX9?

You can't compile an existing DX8.1 project against DX9 without going around the code and making a bunch of changes.

If you need to fix a bug in an old project (or you've been contracted to fix a bug in someone else's old project), you'd probably want to avoid introducing yet more bugs by not re-compiling the thing against a DX version different than the one it was originally built with.

Oh, and
Quote:Original post by Morgawr
my email is XXXXX@gmail.com help me thanx :D

I seriously recommend you edit your message and re-write your email so it doesn't look like an e-mail adress (like "myname at gmail dot com" or something). This forum is public, so spambots can easily collect any e-mail adresses posted by users.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement