Between Heaven and Hell, my new Out of This World style action-adventure

Started by
14 comments, last by James Gregory 17 years, 6 months ago
I am not sure what happened to my previous post... oh well.

I was wondering if you could post a list of the passwords to the different levels. I seem to be stuck running through the bolts of electricity. I want to see the rest of the story!
Advertisement
Anonymous again. I've finished it now. I guess it has taken me perhaps 5 hours over the past 3 days to complete.

I think the difficulty level was at the maximum end of what is playable, if it had been much harder I would have given up as it got quite frustrating at times. But most games I download to look at I hardly bother playing at all, so good job, I particularly liked the fairly wide variety of puzzles and the use of cut scenes to advance a plot (even if the dialog was a bit cheesy).

I did though run into a bug near the end:

//SPOLIERS//

Near the end you regain hellfire back by walking behind a pillar, waiting for the robe to walk past and then touching some sort of basin. On this bit I somehow managed to get the robe to run to the far right hand side of the screen. He then stayed there, and whenever I changed screen - and indeed even when I died - the robe was still floating about.
Glad to see people are enjoying this! Sure Moe I'll post a list of passwords, but if you were that stuck on the electricity segment, I'm not sure how well you'll do in the rest of the game, because it gets tougher. :P

LDKD
GUIV
EBCA
OPPI
UYTR
SVGA
LOLO
KRAB
GNDT
IORS
WEBD
MOLJ
DSNQ
GRRB
Woo, judging from the screenies, the game looks fun~!

Dling right now~~~~~ (>_<)
(/^_^)/
Wow, I just loved it. Although, I was playing it straight for a few hours and I think there may be a memory leak because it started slowing down and it took forever to get back to the desktop.

To all you who are wondering if it's worth downloading, just do it!

I didn't know whether to try it or not because of the strange pictures and large file size, but I had so much fun.

What an accomplishment.
From the Post Mortem:

"Unbeknownst to me for most of this game's development, AGAST does not include any way to remove assets from temporary memory. This means that if you play BHAH from start to finish in one sitting, the game will eventually take up more than 250 MB of temporary memory because of all the art and sound assets getting piled up as you progress. Players may experience stuttering in gameplay and cutscenes even on a machine with 512 MB of RAM."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement