trying to get opengl started on vc++

Started by
13 comments, last by n_nuos 17 years, 7 months ago
Yeah your missing libs
Advertisement
You need the Platform SDK, express edition doesn't come with it(my guess is they thought too much more to download)
Since all of those functions are WinAPI functions.
"Castles made of sand, fall into the see, eventually" -Jimi Hendrix3D Buzz
Hope this helps:

Right click on your solution and click on properties like so:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The window seen below will pop up, click on Linker, and then click on Input. You'll see Additional Dependencies at the top, simply enter the libs that you require next to it.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Did you not create a Windows Application from the solution creation wizard? That's what gave me those errors the first time I tried to use nehe's lessons. I'll assume that you didn't, and assume that the reason was because the button was grayed out. Click on this link and make sure you've completed all the steps, and the button will suddenly become usable.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I program in C++, on MSVC++ '05 Express, and on Windows. Most of my programs are also for windows.
hey, thanks for all the replies, but meanwhile I found VC++6 and installed it. It works just fine. I'm now playing with what I have learned from nehe's tutorials. I don't know why that newer version wasn't working, it was missing a lot of things..
edit: maybe because it was free from microsoft :P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement