Sign in to follow this  

directsound problem

This topic is 4108 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

1. This has one very important implication: DirectSound cannot set the format of the hardware's DMA buffer. For your application, this means that the hardware format is based on the data you actually play. If you play a 44 kHz file, Kmixer will mix all data up to 44 kHz and ensure that the hardware is running at 44 kHz. but I can use IDirectSoundBuffer8::SetFormat to set primary buffer.am I right? 2. I see microsoft sample that create primary buffer and setFormat and release it immediately.why do it? the primary buffer is not gloable? 3. does sound buffer creation not affect performance? I see some sample create buffer once in initialse(), and some create buffer every time on play. I guess it is better load all sound resource on initalize() and create buffer list so during running of game ,buffer creation do not need ,just play sound is ok. right?

This topic is 4108 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.