Sign in to follow this  

Notice for all

This topic is 4108 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, this is not a question, but it is a notice I'd like to share; Recently I have been having some problems with some IOCP examples and it was causing me an immense amount of grief. Luckily, the folks here and at CodeGuru.com are very patient and they listened to my whining and crying /sob. Anyway, the reason I had problems was: I saw an example (that worked on my computer) only include the 3 libraries expressly used in IOCP. So I thought, hm, why not remove the endless amounts of libraries while working on my example. So I included the mere 3 libraries, and thought nothing of it. A week or so later, I get a good documented example and decide to give it a go. Compile errors. But how? It was tested and it works everywhere else. So I spend a good 72 hours of frusteration. You may think that is nothing, but this was a kind of problem that wasnt code; it was something that limited my work on it. I didnt know where to begin, I couldnt rewrite the section. So eventually, I get word that I should just start completely over; it cant hurt, right? Well, I do, and I go to include the libraries, and just tack them at end of the usual libraries and think nothing of it. At this point I'm still quite upset and frusterated, but I hit compile. Compiling... Main.cpp Linking... IOCPTest.exe - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s) Wow, what a Lesson. Boy did I feel silly.

This topic is 4108 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.