Sign in to follow this  

Do any 2D game engines exist that support network and automatic object sync?

This topic is 4109 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'd like to write a Scorched Earth type of game but I want it to be multiplayer. I've tried Torque Game Builder but it only supports turn-based networking and it won't work (believe me, I've tried everything). So, I'm looking for any 2D game engine that supports networking and will automatically synchronize the objects for me. For example, if a tank shoots a projectile it will automatically move on each client, etc. Can anybody help me out?

Well, most online game engines will have it display what needs to be displayed on the clients. It might not be completely optimized, but you can tweak it and do some research on how to do it better.

I'm not sure of any free engines, but I'm pretty sure the Torque one is a very good one. I'm not sure if the Torque Game Builder is the same as the engine, though.

This topic is 4109 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.