[web] WYSIWYG page design tool

Started by
5 comments, last by fatlazybastard 17 years, 7 months ago
Hi - this is a cool site. Just wondering if someone can help out here regarding web development. What is the best WYSIWYG page design tool to use when design ASP.net web pages? Thanks for your help.
Advertisement
I haven't used it but Visual Studio Express Web Developer looks to be what you want.
Hi thanks for the reply. Im not sure that this tool is what I want since I simply want to initially create a skeleton and then do everything manually. Can any one please conirm or suggest the tool that I need.

Thanks
You can visually create the skeleton and then switch to code view to apply the asp code you want.
Just out of interest how do you guys go about the inital design of the website. Do you use a tool or do you create the skeleton with straight code?
Quote:Original post by Poker Champion
Just out of interest how do you guys go about the inital design of the website. Do you use a tool or do you create the skeleton with straight code?

Straight code baby... it's the only way (for me)!

Edit: Using a visual editor isn't bad, however, since you can see what you are making and then view the code that is making what you are seeing. Once you get to a point where you can code the HTML on your own, a visual editor becomes of little use.
For me I create a mockup in something like photoshop first. It's really helpful for me to know exactly what kind of look I want to achieve before getting into the html and css and the various hacks that will be necessary to achieve the look. It's just too much hassle to do code for a certain look, only to decide I don't like it and start over.

As for a program suggestion, I've used dreamweaver and goLive. This was years ago though, so I'm not sure what the current versions are like, especially since Macromedia and Adobe merged. I don't know that I would suggest either, either way. The most useful features of those programs to me are the ftp functions rather than the wisywig editing. Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement