Sign in to follow this  

windows CE and direct3D

This topic is 4104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am developing a graphical application at work for an unknown windows CE 5.0 device... I just assumed that I would have to use the new direct3d mobile.. but I was searching the mircosoft site and found this click which caused me to think that direct3D was avalible outside of the mobile edition... anyone know if that is the case..? also any good links for windows CE .net compact framework 2.0 would be great.. thanks

The documentation link is for Windows CE .NET 4.2 generally, not PocketPC or Smartphones. There are many other devices that run 4.2.

I don't know of any 2003SE devices that have D3DM installed. Of course, since the individual vendors are free to add or remove various components, it might exist on a few devices. Since very few 2003SE handhelds have 3D hardware installed, I doubt it will be present in any. For example, the Axim X50 had the Intel 2700G chip and ran 2003SE, but it had OpenGL ES support rather than D3DM.

As always on handhelds, check availablity before using the functionality.

This topic is 4104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.