Sign in to follow this  

[java] beginning a game in java

This topic is 4107 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody I wanna start with my first game, I was thinking in making it in java because is the language I know but I was hoping if you could give me some starter tips like: what classess should I study, programs for designign sprites an all kinds of stuff that could help a beginner.

Hi dude,

First off, be sure to have a good grip on OOP concepts; They will be quite useful for you.
Second, tell us what type of game would you like to do.. Declaring yourself as a beginner, I bet you're going to try something simple, right? No? Then reconsider. You should aim for low standards while learning, moving to more complex concepts as you improve yourself.

There are plenty of open source games out there... You can look at their code to get a grasp on how a game's basic architecture is designed. Usually, for a simple game, you'll want a GameState interface, its implementors, a main loop, game entity classes, and a few helper classes to accomplish unrelated tasks.

Son Of Cain

This topic is 4107 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.