Sign in to follow this  

Angled tile collision

This topic is 4112 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For some reason, I can't get this to work. I have some angled tiles in a tile based platforming game. When the character reaches the "edge" of the tile, he jumps drastically. I'm pretty sure it's because his x tile location has changed, but his y tile location remains the same. But I can't figure out how to fix this.

I'm not sure how your system works, but I know mine kept track of the x,y tile(s) that the character is associated with at any point in time and as the character moved up a slope, the character's vertical position for example, was adjusted by, first pretending the character is actually in an unoccupied tile location above that and adjusting the y_offset based on the x_offset into a tile. I'm not sure what's happening, but if it worked liked this, you'd have to remember to reset the xtra y_offset every time a tile change occurs.

This topic is 4112 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.