Games that should be remade, but aren't

Started by
95 comments, last by Moe 17 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by Oberon_Command
I've always wanted to see Red Storm Rising (which probably few people here have even heard of, it was fairly obscure) redone. Oh, how I loved the keyboard-only gameplay of that game...

I remember that -- although it was more for the technical properties than anything else. One of the first games to implement MMX; it was the 'big thing' from Intel for quite some time. [grin]
Advertisement
Bubble Bobble as a 3d platformer would be cool.

Hybrid Heaven for N64 might be the only game in the "turn-based h2h combat/RPG" genre. Actually, I don't even need to add the RPG; it's the only turn-based h2h game I've ever seen. It was an interesting concept, I'd love to see it handled better.

River City Ransom could be remade, but it'd be hard to bring that feel to a next-gen console.

An updated X-Wing/TIE Fighter game would make killer money, especially with multiplayer.

X-Com deserves a remake where they stick to the original concept.

A Secret of Mana remake could be great.

Oh, and 2 words: Blaster Master.
all around the world today, a kilo is a measure;a kilo is 1000 grams, easy to remember
Quote:Original post by thundergunslinger
Hybrid Heaven for N64 might be the only game in the "turn-based h2h combat/RPG" genre. Actually, I don't even need to add the RPG; it's the only turn-based h2h game I've ever seen. It was an interesting concept, I'd love to see it handled better.

God damn, yes. That game was brilliant.
Quote:Oh, and 2 words: Blaster Master.

You betcha. I never beat that game. Even with cheats, i still couldn't beat it.

I'd say they should remake master of orion, but they did, and it flopped with a great flopping.

what else...

Baseball Allstars (NES)

Toejam & Earl (Genesis)

I should also mention that, if you loved Super Metroid, you can find a completely redesigned (much harder, much bigger) ROM hack of super metroid. I can't say where *looks far away* but it's out there. I haven't touched it yet, but my brother has played it and it's difficulty level borders on insane.
Super Thunderblade
Alien Storm
Add a third for Deus Ex.

Another one that I would like to see redone is Trespasser. I find that that game was way to far ahead of it's time for it's own good. Fix a few of the minor flaws, and it could be wonderful. Mind you, I have only ever played the demo, but it looked good.
Ice Hockey and Super Dodge Ball

I miss the days of manual everything, and soccer sized hockey nets.
Techmo Super Bowl for the NES.. i had more fun playing that football game then i have playing any one since then.. up to Madden 06. No game has captured the raw fun that was that game.

I'd like a remake with updated graphics with the same fun factor.. NFL Blitz came close.. but still didn't have it.
Freespace 2
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved
Master of Magic
Killing Cloud
Delta V

those last two not because they were great games, but because there's just great remaking potential. They're both early 3d games in which their potential was unrealized.
---New infokeeps brain running;must gas up!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement