Need help with making new module...

Started by
7 comments, last by Wolfengang 17 years, 7 months ago
hey, im a noob to programming, ive always wanted to do this, and this year im in FBLA (im in 11th grade) and my chosen career is game programming. my teacher gave me the book 'Game Programming in C++: start to finish' when i try to make a new module, theres a problem... anyone willing to help, please message me at wolfengang@hotmail.com, either email me or instant message me, i prefer you IM me.
Advertisement
Why not just ask your question here?
mostly because IMing is much faster and conveniant

when i try to make a new module, it asks for a password...
What IDE are you using?
i just installed the disk today, im using a program called CVSNT to do the main compiling or whatever, get stuff organised, and i have a program called tortois. whats an ide?
It is basically where you do your work;

Regardless, I'd look into getting the Microsoft visual studio express which can be found on microsofts website.

It is a very easy to use IDE and has lots of support.
IDE just makes the whole compiling process easier. It doesn't actually compile for you, but it makes it one click away at all times, so you don't have to have 8 windows open for notepad, a compiler running, and a command line for running your applications, just the IDE. IDE's mostly provide you with a nicer text-editor (at least for coding), a bunch of options (so that you don't have to mess around with makefiles, which can be overwhelming to beginners), more debugging options (so that you don't have to use yet another program to debug), and a one-button compile.

You will get more responses by asking here than by requesting to IM. IM is actually a pretty bad method for talking about code, mostly just because they don't have much ability to display code easily. However, if you really want that route, you can check out the #gamedev channel for IRC. Lots of people on there. The details are somewhere on this website...
thanks, ill go download the express thing.
the net. passport or whatever couldnt install, i have no idea why.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement