converting from 9.0a to 9.0c - please help

Started by
-1 comments, last by stenny 17 years, 7 months ago
Hello, Here I am again, with another DirectX SDK problem. I know these forums aren't just here so people can code stuff for me but I'm reading through my very first DirectX book and I've got some converting problems. I came to the conclusion a IDirectXFileDataReference COM doesn't exist anymore, as for IDirectXFileObject and the function GetNextObject too. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to convert this from DXSDK 9.0a to 9.0c:
  // Scan for embedded templates
  while(SUCCEEDED(pDataObj->GetNextObject(&pSubObj))) {

// Process embedded references
    if(SUCCEEDED(pSubObj->QueryInterface(IID_IDirectXFileDataReference, (void**)&pDataRef))) {
      if(SUCCEEDED(pDataRef->Resolve(&pSubData))) {
        ParseXFileData(pSubData, SubFrame, TexturePath);
        ReleaseCOM(pSubData);
      }
      ReleaseCOM(pDataRef);
    }

// Process non-referenced embedded templates
    if(SUCCEEDED(pSubObj->QueryInterface(IID_IDirectXFileData, (void**)&pSubData))) {
      ParseXFileData(pSubData, SubFrame, TexturePath);
      ReleaseCOM(pSubData);
    }
    ReleaseCOM(pSubObj);
  }

If you have any question about the code, please ask. (Extra: I use C++ and MVSC++ EE) Please help, -Stenny [Edited by - stenny on September 16, 2006 6:38:20 AM]
What do I expect? A young man's quest to defeat an evil sorceror while discovering the truth of his origins. A plucky youngster attended by her brutish guardian. A powerful artifact which has been broken into a small number of artifactlets distributed around the world.What do I want? Fewer damn cliches. - Sneftel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement