Sign in to follow this  

I'm new to DLL's

This topic is 4111 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am attracted to the idea of converting my one big .exe into .dll's for each part, so I can update parts incrementally, without needing a complete reinstall. So, say I have a bunch of framework classes, which do D3D enumeration, logging, DirectInput control etc. How do I go about converting these classes to dlls? For example, cFramework controls the message pump, D3D device creation and reset, while outputting to a global instance of cLog, g_log. I've moved the relevant files to a new project and change the common header file to include: extern "C" _declspec(dllexport) void cLog; extern "C" _declspec(dllexport) void cDisplaySettings; extern "C" _declspec(dllexport) void cInput; and I've set the config to .dll in the project options. References to cLog in my code don't seem to cause an error, but references to cDisplaySettings and cInput do.... confusing! Any advice about setting up a dll gratefull received! Si

This topic is 4111 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.