Blumenmacht Demo Released

Started by
7 comments, last by urs 17 years, 7 months ago
I have posted a first demo of Blumenmacht at Game Development Showcase. About Blumenmacht: Flowerpower meets cyberpunk and you are the puppetmaster. A psychedelic shoot'em up where you throw flowers at ballerinas until they are so happy they dissolve. Move things around with your cat while you freeze time. Hijack every ballerinas body if you remember correctly her name. I hope you have fun testing the demo out and feel the love and enthusiasm that went in this game. Please download the Blumenmacht demo here at Game Development Showcase: http://www.gamedev.net/community/gds/viewentry.asp?projectid=414757 Some screenshots of Blumenmacht:

Blumenmacht

Don't look so sad Qooiella. Dream on!

Blumenmacht

You remember my name? Please enlighten me!

Blumenmacht

Tinni wants to become the new Prima Ballerina Assoluta. Beware Moemuki!

Blumenmacht

Yes, we are still in the game Uama - aren't we always?

Blumenmacht

Jumping in the ballerina who doesn't know why she is. [Edited by - urs on September 23, 2006 7:06:50 AM]
Advertisement
I'd been waiting to play this since I saw some of the screenshots on IOTD, so it was nice to see the demo out.

It is pretty crazy, even the menu is trippy. At first I had no idea what the hell was going on, but after a few minutes it started to make sense. The musical cues help out a lot. The screenshots are good, but the in-game audio is just as appealing as the visuals.

My only suggestion would be to add a wait cursor. The game took about three minutes to load up and it was just a black screen. I had thought the app froze and was getting ready to hard exit when it finally started.

Other than that, well done. Great visuals/audio and a really unique concept.

Coby
I'd like to play this wicked sick game, but it's not running properly on my machine.

http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bmtl9.jpg

Centrino 2Ghz laptop
1024 MB ram
Radeon mobility x700 128MB
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9131/whyfj8.jpg
same problem :-(
Realy bad i want to play this game :(
Hi urs, once again, thanks for the demo.

If it helps you troubleshoot platform issues, the game is working fine on my 6800GT 256MB, driver v91.47.

P.S. It does not work on my Radeon Mobility 7500. Same general problems as posted in the screenshots above (I'm assume they are using ATI then).
Tried to play on a Radeon 9800 and an old GeForce2 MX. Both had same problems already described. Hope you are able to work out whats going on as the game looks very interesting.
I also have graphics problems, even worse then of the posted screenshot.
I didnt succed to capture the screen though, I pressed prtSrc and it didnt help.
I also have an ATI.
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Quote:Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
Was running fine for me (GeForce 6200 256mb, Forceware 91.31), but I got an unhandled exception error after getting up to go to the bathroom at the end of the first level/area. I had just been getting to understand the game, too!
I apologize for the delay. At the moment I have unfortunately only once per week access to the internet.

Now you can download version 1.0b at the GD Showcase.

Thanks for those who reported these errors and will post or message further bugs and tips in the future. As soon as Blumenmacht works properly with ATI-cards without this layer in the foreground I will send you a message.

Best regards
urs

Blumenmacht

Yes, close your eyes and enjoy the smell of the flowers Niqi!

Blumenmacht

Oetura is glad because she found an exotic animal.

Blumenmacht

Don't be panicked Jsso, this is not your final fantasy!

[Edited by - urs on September 23, 2006 5:33:57 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement