Sign in to follow this  

[web] Get AJAX/Javascript books or just use internet?

This topic is 4106 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've got a job in webdev now, but i'm finding that my javascript skills or sorely lacking. I'd also like to get into AJAX because i will have an actual use for it in the very near future. My employer has mentioned that they would be willing to pay for some educational materials or classes to improve my skills with a "what's good for you is good for us" attitude. So i'm thinking about hitting them up for some books. I understand that subjects like AJAX are in constant flux. Should i get some new books on the subject or should i just dive into the internet for everything? Since the books are free from my point of view, i'd still like to get some regardless. What books would you recommend for javascript / AJAX? Thanks for the input. Very much appreciated.

..Well books are never a bad thing. So if youve got the money ,sure go for it couldnt hurt.but if buying a book is a bit of a splurge most scripting languages are small enouph you dont need one.

a good source for tutorials on this kind of stuff is

www.w3schools.com

also i should say that search amazon.com and amazon.ca when you find a book read the reviews like i said since the books are free,they couldnt hurt to go ahead and get one

hope i helped atleast a little.

I would suggest getting a recent book about general javascript programming (look for one that has at least something about OOP in js) and look for a library that suits you i.e. prototype + scriptaculous or jquery. Using these libraries is really easy and the book will help you understand what's going on inside them, if you want to extend them or fix something.

This topic is 4106 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.