Sign in to follow this  

Problem setting up framebuffer

This topic is 4107 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to implement framebuffers. I want to draw a picture into my framebuffer, copy it to a texture and use it as an inmput for my fragmentshader. However, when setting up my framebuffer I get the Errormessage : "Error missing attachment". My code looks like this: ... glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA16F_ARB,currentSizeX, currentSizeY, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT, NULL); glGenFramebuffersEXT(1, &framebuf[i]); glBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, framebuf[i]); glFramebufferTexture2DEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_2D, depthMap[i], 0); glDrawBuffer(GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT); if(glCheckFramebufferStatusEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT)==GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_MISSING_ATTACHMENT_EXT) { std::cout << "Error missing attatchment" << std::endl; } ... Does anybody see an error or is anything missing? Any help on this is appreciated, Thx, Icebraker

Just to make things clear: framebuffer objects (FBOs) doesn't copy from the framebuffer but rather render directly to a provided texture (to copy the framebuffer use glCopyTexSubImage2D, but you probably don't wanna do that).

I can't really see anything wrong in your fbo-code except that you shouldn't create the texture and fbo each frame. This should be done once, then in the render-function, just do:

glDrawBuffer(GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT);
glBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, id);
//[render something]
glDrawBuffer(oldDrawBuffer); //reset draw buffer to screen
glBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, 0);

btw, I guess you have cut off the rest of your texture-creating code? Either way I paste my code for creating a floating point texture. Remember you must set the filtering to nearest neighbor:

glActiveTexture(m_texUnit);
glGenTextures(1, &m_textID);
glBindTexture(target, m_textID);
glEnable(target);

glTexParameteri(target, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
glTexParameteri(target, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
glTexParameteri(target, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
glTexParameteri(target, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA16F_ARB,currentSizeX, currentSizeY, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT, NULL);

Hope that helps!

This topic is 4107 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.